15 February 2009

Well, that was a close one

And I thought for sure we were all goners ...



Since we'll be around post-2012 after all (and because it's never to early to start America's favorite parlor game) I figured I'd check out who the odds-makers have in the already-underway 2012 presidential campaign.

Here's the odds on the Republicans, and then on the whole field. Who you got? My money's on Sanford (for the Republican nomination, that is). Hell, if the Obamarama keeps going at this pace, the guy might serve five or six terms.

Another perk of knowing that Armageddon isn't just around the corner - the fact that I'll be able to watch faaaaaaaantastic NBA basketball well into my late 20s. Any NBA talk these days, of course, touches on the summer of 2010 free agent bonanza, the year LeBron, Wade, Bosh et al. hit the open market.

Given the age of the three superstars on the Celtics, I must say the prospect of signing one of the young guns to a long-term deal sits pretty well on this end. And wouldn't you know, Ray Ray's contract is due to expire just in time for that fateful summer.

As if you needed any more proof of Danny Ainge's genius. I mean, this is the man who brought us Planet Pollard.



I wouldn't trade last year's title for anything - honestly, I think I enjoyed it more than the '04 Sox team. But thinking back to the '07 draft, it's hard not to wonder what would have happened if the C's had gotten the first or second pick (as everyone, myself included, was praying for at the time).

Needless to say, I'm glad we didn't end up with Greg Oden's balky knees. But the other jewel of that draft ... well, here's all you need to know.

At least I have something to replace the 2012 countdown.

godspeed,
dk

P.S. - The 'longball' opus is still in production, because you can't rush perfection, by god

1 comment:

  1. deGrasse 2012!!! The best mind in America today... and he has good comedic timing ta boot! And if Jeb Bush gets close to the national political stage I will apply for my Canadian visa.

    ReplyDelete